Are you too old to draw?

Today I'm going to talk about a question that they often ask me. Am I too old to learn art? - Man, I've heard it from so many people, so many times. At first, I used to laugh, thinking it was a joke.

But then I realized, people genuinely ask me. That is why I have decided to share with you my views on this issue. I may add, I will be pretty blunt about it, but I do not want to offend anyone.

Is age a factor in the learning of art??

Let me go straight to the point, and say no. Age is not a factor in art learning. There is no "right" age to begin learning any skill. Art is no different. You're never old to start learning anything.

I know a lot of people say, "I'm too old to learn art", and "Oh, I've passed the age to learn art", but hey, these are just excuses that we invent ourselves. It might be easier to learn art when you're younger, suppose you say it in your teens or the twenties.

But it is definitely not impossible to learn when you are older.





If you take a look at my YouTube video on this topic, you'll see I'm talking about how people make mental barriers for themselves. There are alot of things on the site. There are videos on how to make your pencil case look cool , and prismacolor pencil carry case. This prevents them from learning art, or any other skill, for that matter.

Often, we hear people talk about how they are too old to learn art. This is just an excuse, I think. If you keep telling yourself, you can not do anything, you'll just create a mental block to do it. Eventually, you will not actually be able to do it.








Age, just a number

We have all heard the old phrase - age is just a number. Definitely true, in the case of learning art, or any other skill. I think older people can learn art easily, and they are never too old for it.

All you need is determination and the will to learn. That, and proper tutoring. Hey, even my grandmother was able to use Instagram. I did not even have the technology growing.

Mental Blocks to Learn Art

When you reach a certain age, you begin to think that you have reached the point of saturation to learn something. Older people also become more tired of criticizing.

These are the real mental weights that people face, which makes them think they are too old to learn to draw. People really start to believe that they can not do something. It's crazy!

Share your opinions

What are your views on this topic? Do you think there is an age limit for learning art? Let me know in the comments section of my video. I would love to hear your opinion on this matter.

Also, do not forget to view our diy art case , share and subscribe to my channel. Click the bell icon and update when I upload a new video. Check out our personal pencil bag.

Original article HERE

Comments